We are all starting or planning to shop for the holidays. Just thinking about those fantastic Thanksgiving meals with family and fun Christmas gatherings makes me smile inside and out.
It is important to plan for each of the things or categories you will spend money on during this “overspending” season. One way that can help you plan your spending is using the It’$ My Money Budget Envelopes.
There are 4 easy steps to use the envelopes:
1. Determine the categories that you need to spend money on. Examples:
• Thanksgiving food shopping
• Thanksgiving decorating shopping
• Black Friday Shopping
• Cyber Monday shopping
• Christmas shopping (you can even use a different envelope for each family member or one for people from work)
2. Create an envelope for category
3. Set the amount you will spend on each category
4. Get that set amount of cash out the bank and put in its envelope.
The key is not to spend anymore on that category than what you have set and put in the envelope. Be sure this amount(s) are also included in your overall budget.
To get the It'$ My Money budget envelopes GO HERE
If the budgeting envelopes are not ideal for you, no problem, you can download a free, editable It'$ My Money Budget Sheet that can help you as well. The key is to not blow your overall budget by not planning for the upcoming expenses.
Need help staying on tracking with your spending plan? You can work directly with me by clicking here.
Enjoy the holidays, Patrina
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.